Job Post: Media Relations and Snap God
Justin.tv was nine years too early.
After learning about Snapchat Stories, I’ve become obsessed with Snapchat. As a social tool, it fulfills a need outside of messaging (1-1 and group communication) and Facebook / Twitter / Instagram (social validation). As a platform, I think Snapchat is on the tipping point of going mainstream.
I love putting my random adventures in travel, startups and entrepreneurship on my Snapchat Story. It’s led to a lot of positive feedback and serendipitous interactions. So, after discussing this with a few people and not coming up with any good reasons not to do it, I’ve decided to restart Justin.tv as a Snapchat channel.
I’m looking for someone to help me do it. You will:
- Film stuff from an iPhone
- Work on ideas to promote and grow our channel
- Generate ideas for fresh content
- Help The Artist Union and other startups I’ve invested in generate press ideas and pitch media
- Good at Snapchat
- A creative, energetic and extroverted personality
- Interested in technology and startups (interested in EDM is a plus!)
- Maybe have some experience with video or photography
- Maybe have experience working in media / communications
I’ve got a pretty full roster of interesting things to do. In the last six months I’ve been to six countries, invested in a dozen startups and launched a couple apps. I’m open to new ideas. This should be an opportunity for someone who wants to learn more about startups and tech to learn a ton and get exposure to the industry from the inside. In addition to putting the startups I’ve invested in on our channel, you’ll spend time with some of them working on their media strategies. This might be a shitty job or it might be a dream job. Whatever happens, it should be fun, and a learning experience.
Restarting Justin.tv might be a terrible idea. I’m actually undecided. But, it worked out well the first time.
If you want to apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Send me:
- Your resume / linkedin
- Why on Earth you’d want to show up at some guy’s house every morning to do this
- Something I should be doing on Snapchat that I’m not
- Something else I don’t know already
- Any relevant experience you have any how any experience could be relevant for something this inane
Testimonial from other Justin Kan employees:
“Justin is a source of daily inspiration (DJ Khaled has nothing on JKan) and pretty funny too! Beyond that, he truly cares about the growth and development of the people around him and is always looking to try something new.”
– Nick Cortes, Business Analyst, Justin Kan Enterprises
Find me on Snapchat here